Friday, September 7, 2007

Amazing Things I'm Not Sure I Can Do...

I know with my wonderful talents there are at least 93 things I am physically capable of doing not only well, but profitably. Now, one normally would look at me and say, "Then why not do them?" My simple answer is the same between people like me everywhere you go. Money. Currently I am technically unemployed, therefore "broke."

I am writing a novel, though it isn't finished yet and thus, cannot be published, because people don't buy half written books. If it isn't published, I don't profit from it. It's an unfortunate way to be, but every writer goes through the same run-around at some point or another. Take J.K. Rowling, she was dirt poor and "broke" before she completed her first Harry Potter book, look at her now. That's where I'm aspiring to get, eventually. Another difference between her and I, she only had about 70 or so characters that everyone could name and remember, I have twice that. It's harder than you think to sit down and devote your entire mind to a different world than that of where you live. Every character, species, and place has to have a different personality, not to mention different things going on with them that cannot in any way be based upon any other novel (for my lawyers sake). Also preparing the sequels of the book, which in my case, enumerate to about 9 (so far), very different from the Harry Potter series. The only real tangible thing that is nearly the same is that her books and mine occur in the magical realm. Other than that, I have one healthy, insanely huge undertaking. Praise me later.

Side note: After this post I've decided to generate updates on my progress throughout the book to update my possible fans on how it's coming.

That, shockingly isn't all that I could do for a living. I am very good at sculpting, but as everyone knows, not only does that take a massive amount of money (for supplies), but also time. Right now, every waking hour is taken up by my book or online doing research or blogs. I've thought very hard at using my book as a base for the sculptures, but that really wouldn't help me much at getting the books roots finished to have it published and subsequently land me a large enough fan base for an original sculpture to be cast.

I've also thought about making soap. Sounds simple right? Not really. I wanted to make soap that I'm not allergic to. Getting more difficult, eh? I am allergic to most soap fragrances (maybe it's all the chems), and so I wanted to plant an herb garden to use for the fragrance. I believe that's called organic soap. Maybe someone else could profit from it, but it (again) is such a large, time-consuming, undertaking. Maybe after the book.

Please don't think that I have ADD or something. I don't think I do, though I've never been expertly undiagnosed. I just have a whole slew of ideas that pop into my head every second I'm alive about stuff that has nothing to do with the things I am working on.

A&B Update: I've finished the Central and Southwestern land maps (for the front of the book) as well as completed the 14th chapter. Haven't established all the partnering order yet.





Once I get my copyright run through completely, I'll be able to release the title of the book as well as some of the plot lines, as of yet, it's not completed, so I'll be using A&B as the working title name. Forgive me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like with all those ideas you'd be a hell of an inventor

Shannon said...

Why is everyone trying to change my profession all of a sudden? Is being a writer not good enough for you? Quite possibly I'd be good at a lot of different things.