Sunday, September 2, 2007

Totally Pissed At Chat Room Goers

Everyone who is even mildly intelligent knows what I mean here. I am totally pissed off at AOL and other large IM/chat companies who just sit idly by and watch our country being overrun by complete bumbling idiots.

Take, for example, a tour of your AIM member created chat rooms. I did that last night. I won't do it again. All I did was ask anyone if they knew where any authors hung out on AOL and they told me where, right after I got 10,000 IMs popping up asking me if I made sex help books and if "I'd teach them a thing or two." Grrr! Look, I don't go into chat rooms to find love, a cheap date, or to have phone/IM/or real-life sex. I go there to get inspiration for my book. I have 134 characters and they all need to have more than just an evil, hate-filled personality. Right now I have 14 of my characters figured out based upon people in my family or people who are close to me, but not all of my characters can be based on people I know to be relate-able to other people. I'm not writing a book so my family will like it (I already know they do), I'm writing it so that nearly everyone will like it.

Bringing unrealistic characters to the table is like damning your characters to store shelves forever. I'd hate to do that to them. The very few (2) people I have based characters on in the book will get a note in the published book itself as a thank you. If you've ever wanted to be one of those people that big time people thank at an awards ceremony, then you'll let me get to know you more than just your appearance. I promise, you will all have your names (maybe if they're just screen names) in the thank you section of my book.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i want in!

Shannon said...

How can you get "in" when I have no clue now who you are?