Saturday, September 15, 2007

Ok, kill me. None of my other blogs have anything to do with the book whose manuscript I am currently working on, except for a few tid bits at the end where I give really vague updates. I apologize for that. Unfortunately, due to the more rogue-ish people out there, I attempt to give myself some protection from thieves by not telling everything about the storyline, the title, or even the relations of the characters themselves. I'd hate for all my work to be shot to pieces because of some despicable person. I've been working too hard and too long, over a year so far, on this and don't want to lose it all. Before you get any ideas about stealing any of my characters, I've sent my full character list to a private publisher, so technically its already copyrighted. You steal any of this, I WILL sue you into a hole. Fair warning.

Now that all the unfortunate bull is explained, I am going to clue you in on the very few things I can tell you. It is a fairy tale. Not so much a prince/princess story, but a true "fairy" tale. The main character is Azure. Her partner is Butterscotch, a dragon that is only twice her size. They go on many journeys together and under this course, Azure grows up. Right now I'm working on the part of the marriage scene, which involves Azure and he best friend from childhood, Brass. from what I've been told, (there've been many friends of mine who've read through various unfinished parts of the manuscript)that the whole storyline is so different from any others that they've read and that it is very engaging. I take that as a compliment. You don't know how badly I'd love to put up the first chapter on here, but unfortunately, the first paragraph of this blog covers why I can't. Just thought all my loyal readers would love to know what's going on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so want to see what your book is like, sounds ver interesting. I bet you hope it'll sell like harry potter don't you?

Shannon said...

I could so ream you with everything that's grammatically wrong with that statement, but rather, I'd love to push you towards the post I wrote on how my book is NOTHING like Harry Potter...